I agree Bobby ,

  I'm all for the support of a LBS.  Yet am I based on own prejudices ,
going to interfere with their business ?   This seems hypocritical .  Yes,
saying my bike or riding my-way-is-thee-way is my own pre-judging
my-way-is-thee-way as thee-best-way.

Is it really ?  Compared to who ?  My choices work for me, if someone
wishes to emulate that in some way, great. If not, great .

Would I like if I had business selling bikes, have customers discouraging
potential customers from buying my bikes ? . .  . I think not !

There are many facets to the Golden Rule ! The shop owner qualifies as
someone whom I wish well for also , not just a customer I think is being
taken advantage of. Vengeance and self-righteousness can be very subtle ,
like a calm sea masking the tsumani within it.

All THAT said . ..  lol .  . .  there is no absolute right or wrong answer,
just infinite ways of answering .  This, is Life.

On Monday, June 30, 2014 11:42:05 AM UTC-4, Montclair BobbyB wrote:Caveat
emptor... I personally wouldn't interfere with a conversation between a
bike shop employee and a potential customer, even if I'm cringing (unless
explicitly asked for my opinion)... It's entirely the choice of the buyer
to seek advice from the bike shop and for the buyer to decide based on
whatever he/she feels is right for them (whether right or wrong in my
mind). It's not my place to intercede.

While I gain personal satisfaction knowing I have 'converted' several
people's thinking towards the Rivish bikestyle, I try not to impose my
beliefs too strongly, I simply demonstrate by example.  Those who scoff at
my bike preferences (as being different from their own), well that's
entirely their choice, and more power to them.  I have a good friend who
rides a beautiful Dario Pegoretti road bike (and only rarely,
unfortunately), and every time I show him a new bike I'm working on, the
first things he ALWAYS does is lift it and shake his head. (In my mind he
just doesn't get it, whereas I'm sure he thinks I'm nuts)... Suum cuique...

BB