Matthew -

I ride in Chicago, but haven't gotten through a whole hot, humid midwest
summer with them yet. Beta Brand does have a good return policy that should
work for you if you get them and realize that they're not what you wanted -
I've been wearing my one pair more than anything else the last few months,
and am considering buying another. Made in the USA is important to me, so
pickings are slim.

-alex