My road bike is a custom with geometry similar to the Masis and DeRosas
that were considered top of the line in the mid-1980s (wanna guess when I
was a poor undergrad?).  The drop bars and saddle height are even.  No
angle on the saddle at all (at least as well as I can tell).

For the most part I ride with my back at about a 45 degree, my thumbs
hooked around the hoods.  The drop bars are old Riv Dream Bars - 42 mm.

My city bike has Jitensha bars just a bit higher than the saddle.  I ride
with my back almost completely straight.  Cambium is definitely too narrow
for this set up.

My hope is Brooks comes out with a wider Cambium - recently they launched a
more narrow model.