You can get a full set of Jagwire stainless cables with Teflon internal
housings on eBay for $13 shipped in your choice of color complete with all
ferrules and so forth.  It's called an OEM pack.

I love my LBS and I spend money with them when I don't have time to work on
the bike myself or when I want professional opinions on problems I might be
having.  But when their small parts and bits cost three times what I can
get it for online, that's when I balk.  I'm willing to pay a reasonable
premium but I have my limits.  Cycling is expensive and if i didn't
economize in some areas I wouldn't be able to ride as much as I do.