As somebody else suggested, the only way you are going to know what the
difference is like to you is to buy the other kind and try them.
Some folks will tell you 42 is hugely different. So far I don't find the
difference between the 32 cypres I was riding a bit ago and the 41 GR I am
riding now to be that great. The only person who can tell how things will
feel to you is you.
I suggest that you measure your brakes to find out what will fit through
them inflated, buy that size and see how you do.

Oh and don't compare different width tires at the same pressure. At the
same pressure, a wider tire feels harder. At 50psi a 22mm tubular is very
cushy (at least till it bottoms out on the rim). In theory tire volume has
no direct impact on how cushy the ride is. Spring rate of a tire is
governed by contact patch size and derivative (neglecting casing
stiffness). It is not a pv=nrt delta volume thing at all.