I just received one of the new Platracks the other day, and have it
hooked up on my 64cm QB.

My intention was to use it specifically for touring, but am intrigued
by the new Slicker sack.  So I've checked to see what it feels like to
have my normal commute load (laptop, clothes, lunch) on the front
rather than the back to see how it rides before throwing down the
money.

Installation was a breeze, though I have a front B&M generator
headlight for which I fabricated a new bracket so that it would not
sit higher than the rack (and get in the way of big loads).

It turns out that my Baggins "Adam" bag fits on the Platrack quite
securely - you can loop the seatpost strap over the hoop, run the main
compartment straps over the front of the rack, and even tuck the side
compartment buckles under the sides.  That setup does not sway one
tiny bit, but it's not as quick to take on and off.  The NS Lil'
Loafer goes on the rear Nitto bag support.

Riding with the weight up front feels different, but not in a bad
way.  However, I've really gotten used to the convenience of the Lil
Loafer up front - so easy to get at while pedaling.  I like how quick
and easy the Slicker appears to go on and off, and the handle is a
plus, but my setup pre-Flatrack has worked great for years w/o
complaints.  I guess I'm just a sucker for nice bicycle luggage :-)

Anybody have any thoughts they'd want to share about carrying weight
up front vs. on the rear?  Any other Platrack feedback?

-br