I don't notice it with my medium Sackville.  However, I do use a small
leather strap to secure it lightly to the rear rack.  Just so it won't
shift as much.

Will also agree that the straps are less than perfect in colder weather.
 But as my other bags all have leather straps and buckles, the Sackville
might be the the easiest to load and unload.  Regular Carradice leather
straps and buckles are seriously sub-optimal in cold weather (i.e. below
+20F).

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN