though you can probably get a nice basic unit for 1/100 the $$, the garmin
510 is nice. Being gps it needs no wires or wheel magnets or pickups. It
can be mounted on your bars or just thrown in a pocket or bag. You can load
routes to it and have it beep at you when turns are coming up. you can pick
what and how much info is displayed on the screen at one time, and you can
set up several screens that you can page through or just stick with one.