I have never noticed the speed reading jumping around on my Garmin 510,
exepct when I hooked up a speed cadence sensor and didn't set the wheel
size.
I this erratic speed reading you speak of a feature of all Garmin units? Is
it limited to those that don't use GLONASS and GPS? Is it all the time
every where or limited to specific situations?