I've taken the advice to heart of this group and others that the Soma
GR I built up recently is really not big enough for me.  So I intend
on selling it and getting something else that is sized more
appropriately for me (6'7").  I would like to move the parts form the
Soma over to whatever other frame I get.

I was looking at a frame that had both derailer cables mounted on the
top tube.  It would be a semi-custom type deal, some parameters I
could change (geometry, brakes) but some not.  I am interested in
acquiring said frame but I wanted to run barend shifters.  Handlebars
would be 48cm Noodles.  Workable, or not?

The manufacturer's intent is for the end user to use brifters, and the
($$$) expensive brifters with concealed shifter cable routing and to
run the housing all the way to the derailer, for the minimum amount of
exposed cable and maximum reliability.  The use case for this frame is
either 27.5x2.1 knobbies or 650B x42 slicks with fenders, so they are
routing the cables that way to keep mud out of them.

However, I don't really want brifters.

One option I was thinking of was running the cable housing the whole
length of the handbars until near the stem and then into the top tube
routing.  Any downsides to this?  Are the bends too sharp?

Wisdom is highly sought.

I have thought maybe to seek a different framebuilder but the
attractive thing(s) about this builder is that the delivery timeline
is shorter than most, they have an excellent reputation, they're
working with me on the geometry/sizing and the price is right.  Well,
that and they have been super nice to work with.

--
Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!