On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Mike <mjawn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I put Berthouds on my Ram I was surprised at how easy they were
> to install. They were actually easier to install than SKS.
>
> I think the Berthouds tend to be a little sturdier. And they're
> certainly cheaper. But man, those Honjos look nice..

I've actually found that the 45 mm Honjos dent less easily than the 50 mm
Berthouds, and the Honjos seem just as stiff and secure. The narrower (and
longer -- 35 mm 700c) Velo Orange fenders do bend out of line easier (at
least, the front does) but a tug or two on the struts pulls them back into
line. I haven't had this problem with the fatter and shorter Bs or Hs.

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact
Patrick Moore, ACRW at resumespecialt...@gmail.com