On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Joe Broach <joebro...@gmail.com> wrote:
""""
Yeah, the Paul calipers caught my eye, too. There's some useful discussion
<http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f2/new-mechanical-disc-caliper-pauls-38199.html>
on vsalon.
"""""

Ack, barely useful discussion. The key point is kind of buried and lost to
most of the initial commenters,  clearly stated earlier and elsewhere, the
brakes are made to work with drop bar or other short pull levers. They are
meant to work on cross bikes or road bikes or other drop bar disc brake
bikes.  Not really in competition with hydraulics on your mountain bike.
But yes, the brakes would be ideal for an Elephant NFE.

I did get to play with them a bit, they feel great and they seemed to work
nicely with an actual wheel mounted on a fork with a drop lever.  the fork
was clamped to to the display, no actual riding on them.  The pad adjust
wheel seemed smoother and easier than Avid Mechanicals, no idea how it will
fare in use, but it was pretty simple and smooth.  I am going to guess they
will work much better than BB7roads, they are lighter, and will cost much
more ($230 or so a wheel) , also much nicer to look at. The silver orange
is really really nice looking.

Here is my picture of em, same as the rest:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/targetsalad/15213783586/

Paul said they are in production over the winter, there will be a few
tweaks to the design shown at interbike,  I/you/we have until spring to
figure out what bike to put them on.

Tarik

--
Tarik Saleh