Okay,

I'll agree with the Marmot.  Although I sweat like the dickens wearing
it even in really cold weather.  REI Outlet sometimes has them in
stock.  (Where I got mine).

And will also state that REI bicycle rain pants have been known to
cover my legs over wool not-so-tights.  Especially if it is windy.
Again, though I sweat a lot and that makes other issues.  Especially
in more seriously cold temps.

As for the helmet, I stick with a Bell Metro in winter and use the
winterization kit.  With the Rivendell wool beanie or a wool cap
underneath.  Or in the coldest, a Smartwool balaclava.

Lastly gloves, choppers work great for most folks.  In milder weather
Descente riding gloves work for me but colder usually means the
Specialized Sub Zero lobster gloves or a set of Icebike winter
mittens.  Those last are the best, and most expensive.  And,
unfortunately no longer made.  (Thanks to whomever on the list turned
me on to those a couple of years ago.)

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN