Me, too, though I now have more need for sun shields than cold armor. I have
lived and ridden when and where it was so cold my thighs turned turned to
molasses. Much depends on whether you have traffic or an open road, but I
have always enjoyed Dachstein boiled wool mittens in the very cold. Light
liner gloves inside are good for moments of dexterity. Good grip. Wet makes
everything difficult when it freezes up, so I'd consider some chemical water
repellent nowadays, or maybe try adding a tiny bit more lanolin from the
tube I bought from RBW to the Kookaburra Wool Wash I bought there and hand
"wash" (squeeze and soak and squeeze and dry). Two pair aren't out of the
question, one to wear, one to dry, when it's wet.

I've never shopped at the link, but these are the mittens I mean:
http://www.climbers-shop.com/7696/products/Dachstein_Mitts.aspx

--
Bill Gibson
Tempe, Arizona, USA