OK, now that I got mine.  I ordered a pair of Thin Gripsters for either me
or my daughter - will see how it works out.  But Riv has a very good sale
going on these with the best price on the internet.  Throw in a $7 item and
you get free shipping...

On Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:30:26 AM UTC-5, cyclot...@gmail.com wrote:

> Best. Review. Ever.
>
> Cheers,
> David
>
> "it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal
>

> On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 5:45 AM, Paul Brodek <p...@skyweb.net
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> I haven't used any of the ones you linked to. I tried a pair of these
>> Tubro (correct spelling!) platforms as a cheaper alternative, they grip
>> fine:
>>
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tubro-downhill-platform-CNC-Pedal-set-removable-pins-sealed-breaing-/261041670722
>>
>> My first platforms were MG1s, they're grippy enough for me, not too
>> heavy, and relatively cheap. They are thick, though, so I've bashed 'em
>> cornering a coupla times. I prefer thinner pedals these days. The Wellgo
>> B132 are OK, thinner than the MG1 and not too spendy. Both the VP001 and
>> Vice work well for me, though I find the 001 a little less grippy. The
>> fyxation Mesa MP were faves for a while, wide/thin platform, more foot
>> support than the Wellgos. The MP part is important, this is the version
>> with Metal Pins. You have to get over the platforms being plastic; fyxation
>> does have an aluminum version now, but it's more expensive. My current
>> best-ever faves are the VP Harrier---thin and light with a platform so big
>> even Bozo's shoes would fit comfy. They are expensive, so as much as I
>> heart them I won't be outfitting the fleet with them. I have a pair of
>> Spank Spike platforms on deck, very thin like the Harrier with a biggish
>> platform. Probably the most expensive pedal I've bought, so likely a
>> one-off. I also just got a pair of Xpedo Spry platforms, haven't had a
>> chance to ride them yet. The Sprys are the lightest pinned platforms I've
>> seen, only 260g, so I'll try them on a weight weenie bike. Fairly thin,
>> fairly wide.
>>
>> I tend to be pretty narrow-minded with most of component choices, but
>> somehow eclecticism flowers when it comes to metal-pinned platform pedals.
>> Though I only ride metal-pinned platform pedals, so I guess that initial
>> narrow-mindness then broadens...
>>
>> Paul Brodek
>> Hillsdale, NJ USA
>>
>> On Monday, September 29, 2014 3:36:09 PM UTC-4, David Banzer wrote:
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any experience with pedals that are similar to the
>>> VP-001Thin Gripsters or VO Sabots?
>>> I have silver VPs on my Redwood and love them. While I'd like to get the
>>> same for the rest of my bikes, the price does add up and silver doesn't
>>> appear to be an option anymore.
>>> Specifically I saw these on eBay:
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/151016287549?ssPageName=STRK:
>>> MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/WELLGO-KC008-Bike-Flat-Pedals-
>>> Sealed-Bearing-MTB-Aluminum-Platform-Pedals-9-16-/
>>> 261568167720?pt=US_Pedals&var=&hash=item3ce6ad7f28
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Brand-4-Colors-Wellgo-KC007-
>>> Platform-MBT-BMX-Bike-Bicycle-Pedal-Pedals-9-16-/