Reporting on my first ride in the correct shoes on new Thin Gripsters.
 Wasn't a very long ride, about 15 mi, but a good clip chasing my daughter.
 The answer is they're reliable and invisible - everything you want.  Don't
have to think about them, they don't strike the ground in spite of their
width (made up for by their thin profile).  Total thumbs up and I'm sold on
them over Grip Kings.  I thought their shorter length might cause arch
strain, but it didn't happen.

I sprung for the alloy Fyxation 61 for my daughter's bike.  Part of the
reason for the ride was to get her saddle height dialed in with the new
pedals.  Had the scare of my life.  She was kind of throwing a fit over the
saddle discomfort, and riding with her normal mitochondria charge (her
mother is a marathon runner).  We were on a paved bike path and approaching
a turn and steep drop to the creek crossing. She turned in hot, locked up
her front V-brake and flipped.  Amazingly no significant damage to either
the bike or especially her.  To show you her stick-to-it, she had the full
spook all of us have after a spill of this magnitude.  After vacillating
turn back or keep going, she opted to ride 10 more miles and complete the
ride.

This is a cheap but decent city bike I bought for my daughter when she was
turning 11, and it's now her second bike. It had MKS city pedals with
half-toe clips, but when she was complaining about stop-and-go at San
Antonio Siclovia a few weeks ago, the platform pedal lust kicked in.  I
know $90 pedals seem excessive on this bike, but she likes them and maybe
we'll find the pedals a nicer home someday...

<http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/bulldog1935/estes/bike/94f9a604-6a29-47d9-a3cc-4f127faa9b7c.jpg>