Hi Dan,

I don't think anyone is bagging on the Surly.  In fact I would be happy to
ride one myself.  My point is just that the Cross Check is a different bike
than the Sam H.  Not better or worse, just different.  The CC is a
cyclocross bike with extra braze ons, while the Sam H is probably closer to
a sport touring bike of the mid 1980's. In my understanding at least.  If
one wants what is offered by the Sam H, a CC might not live up to one's
hopes.

Depending on how they are set up a Quickbeam and Cross Check might be very
different bikes as well, so perhaps not the most useful comparison.  It's
good to hear support for the Surly, though.

Really when it comes down to it the most important thing is not which name
is on the frame, but that we are out riding.  Just Ride, right?

-Aaron Young
The Dalles, OR