Aaron:

For an update on Clem Smith, Jr. check today's BLUG.  They've got some
prototypes they are tinkering with.  But they want to keep messing around
with them so they are not for sale (yet).  So it's getting close.  I second
Hugh's suggestion to be patient & save up.  Clem Smith, Jr is supposed to
roll out the door in the $1,500 range, so if you're looking at a built up
Cross Check you're most of the way there.

dougP