I just learned (Doh!) that bikes are permitted on the Pikes Peak Highway year
round up to the summit. The weather is supposed to be clear and sunny this
coming week and a weekday autumn ride would be perfect with less traffic than
summer or weekends. Cost is $12 and the gate opens at 9am (not sure if bikes
can get through before then). Here's the propaganda:
http://www.visitcos.com/pikes-peak-cycling

Anyone care to join me? I plan on going sometime this Monday-Friday. The road
is paved, 19 miles, and climbs from 7,400 feet to 14,115 feet. I am debating
whether I take the QB or the Hunqapillar. Hmmmmm.

With foolish abandon,
Patrick

www.MindYourHeadCoop.org
www.OurHolyConception.org