It sounds like a wonderful and challenging ride Patrick. Nothing like a
headwind on a climb, thats for sure. I envy you. I rode Ride the Rockies in
2004 and got to climb Rabbit Ears near Steamboat Springs, Independence Pass and
Left Hand from Boulder to Estes Park. We missed out on Trail Ridge road because
the road was snowed in the day we were supposed to ride it. As a Kansan I've
always loved Colorado. I'm on the east coast now so the White Mountains of NH
and Green Mountains of VT are close to me here in CT, and they are wonderful,
but the Rockies are the mountains I love. And summiting a pass at those
altitudes is amazing. I look forward to riding in Colorado again soon. When I'm
there I'd love to take Homer up Pikes Peak with you.