My hat's off to all of you who attempt this sort of thing.  As I mentioned
in a previous post, we visited my son and his family in Colo Springs at the
end of September and drove up Pike's Peak.  When we got to the top I walked
around feeling light headed and my wife complained of chest pressure from
the altitude.  'Course we haven't lived our lives at the 6,000 or so feet
of Springs so we weren't even used to the minimal altitude at the base and
we're both well over 60, but still it seems like an amazing feat to me to
climb those mountain passes.  Wait until Spring and keep it up!