Hey Tim! Dialing in the handlebars can make a HUGE difference in the bike
and is well worth experimenting with. My suggestions are:

-- Play with what you can with you current set up. Bar height, etc. Hand
numbness is typically due to bars being low and/or an angle of hand
position that doesn't agree with you. Sounds like you've adjusted what you
can here, presuming you've played with bar height, as that is the only
variable with the bullmoose bars.

-- Identify as much as possible what seems to be the cause, then evaluate
other bars for their potential to alleviate those issues without causing
more. For example, the Bullmoose bars are excellent for putting you in the
downhill position AND having your hands on the brakes. Bosco and Albatross
bars are great, but I found my downhill hand position put me forward from
the brakes, so were a compromise. The Albastache bars were the solution for
me. But they require a brake lever shift as they are a different diameter
than the bullmoose or albatross bars.

-- Experiment with bars in order of what you think will solve your
challenges and be most ridable.

I hope this helps. Again, the bars really make a difference. Albastache may
well be worth trying. I love them for all my riding, including technical
single track descents, climbs, etc.

With abandon,
Patrick