Here is an update on this situation. For two weeks, this individual
did not respond when I sent him direct emails, but he did respond
yestereday when I wrote to him through his original message sent to
this group. Both correspondence show the same email-address for him,
but perhaps he can't receive my email responses...? Of course he could
and did respond to my direct emails prior to two weeks ago.

Anyway he said he has never lost anything in the mail, but apparently
he has this time. And how does he know I haven't received the item and
am just trying to scam him? Also he offered to return my item.

I have no way to verify any of this, as he has no way to verify my
statements. It is possible that he sent his item non-Priority and it
is still ambling its way to me. (I sent a crank to an RBW member in
neighboring state Nebraska that took nearly 3 weeks to arrive.) I
prefer to trust he has done as he says and that there is some problem
with the mail. If anything changes, I will post it here.

But also if this individual is selling something on this or other chat
groups I visit, I will explain my exchange experience with the rest of
the group.

Thank you and to our list administrator, Jim, for your support