Although I am all for outing scoundrels, I know that things do very
occasionally get lost in the mail, AND that emails sometimes get dumped into
spam boxes. It is rare but still possible that this happened to your
respondent.
I personally try to keep my transaction wits about me, but I remember once
wholly and in all innocence forgetting a transaction where I had received
money but simply forgot to mail the purchased item. After an angry inquiry,
I made good by returning the money and shipping the item for free.

--
Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM