Ok...

Everybody take a breath.

Thanks.

I'm kind of conflicted on this thread.  I've been working on a project
which finished up this morning, so I'm probably just worn out and grumpy
enough to ask just why this is a RBW related topic.

On the other hand, the actual auctioneer has contacted me directly asking
if he could post a response, which is currently in the moderation queue.
 It's kind of blunt in places, but I'm guessing that it generally reflects
his nature.  He does talk about how he runs his business.

I've got another project starting this afternoon, which means I can't
really micro-manage the responses - which I will say have shown reasonable
restraint so far.   I'm wondering whether the response will simply be the
gasoline which creates a fairly dramatic fireball.

Like I say, I'm kind of conflicted.

I've followed through the comments so far, and there are many folks who
think it's just head-shaking funny.  The "Sucker Born Every Minute" camp.
 That's pretty much where I am, having served many years in the retail
trenches in a fairly affluent neck of the woods, I've seen people peel off
bills or crack a credit card for some reasonable ridiculous items, just
because they were the most expensive.  As they say, you don't buy a Rolex
just because you want to know what time it is.

Then there are a few folks who have used stronger descriptions. And that is
what worries me.

I'll probably think on this while I have lunch, but when I come back, I'm
leaning towards just letting the fellow make a few public statements.
 After all, we did start this topic of discussion.  I would probably keep
him moderated, so responses would not be instant due to the queue delay.

I guess the end result will simply be killing this thread now or passing
his comment through with the hope that we find our better selves and pause
a moment before responding.  And of course, if it all devolves, that will
still mean killing the thread.

If you have some thoughts, share them here.

See you in an hour or so!

- Jim / cyclofiend.com / Group Admin