Really come to love the BBQ I was lucky to enjoy when I lived and went to
school in Arkansas, sort of crossroads between a lot of the mentioned
styles so far.

Memphis was always a destination in the spring for the Memphis in May BBQ
competition. The local place I always visit is Charlie Vergo's Rendezvous.
The best way to describe how to get there is to go to the Peabody Hotel
lobby bar (patronize or not), watch the duck master march the ducks from
the large lobby fountain, along the red carpet rolled out for them, to the
elevator and their evening trip to their rooftop aviary. When returning
your empty to the bar, ask how to ge tot the Rendezvous. They'll point to
the door that, when you exit it, will have you in eyeshot of the door a
half block away leading down the stairs to the BBQ restaurant.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh (after several locations "down there")