Speaking of which: MKS is now making (or maybe has been and VO just
recently stocked) an updated version of the rubber topped pedal:

http://www.velo-orange.com/mks30rublpe.html

I have a great set of the white Lyotard version of these.  I am
somewhat reluctant to use mine, however, as it has proven difficult to
find new old stock versions.  Seems with the more pedestrian
components, no one ever thought about saving a few copies for
posterity.  It is easier to find new old stock Campy 50th Anniversary
quills than Lyotard rubber pedals in white.