General maintenance is my project. I finished refitting my son's 1983 Trek
613. It now has bar-ends, better fenders, an Altus rear der. (very nice),
Riv's bolt-on brakes (also very nice), a new Top-Line rear light to replace
an older B&M model, and a B&M eyc (from Riv) for the front. It's an
old-style sport-touring setup and he commutes with it. The dyno is a
Shimano pre-built (from Harris) that's been running well for 3 years. He
rides with lights on all the time. Also got him one of the Riv safety
triangles. My son has been reticent with safety issues, like using helmets,
but the Riv triangle changed all of that. He reports that cars now give him
a lot of extra space when passing and he will no longer ride without the
triangle. So this became a must-have for the family. We all ride with Riv
triangles now.

I added Tubus Logo Evo racks to our two mixtes (the TouringSore.com), put
Top-Line (battery) rear lights on them, and roll-top hi-viz panniers. The
set-up is great. I don't think many realize that Tubus, B&M, and Ortlieb
are co-designed. It's a profoundly impressive system. The lights are
seriously good, the racks are seriously good, and the panniers
attach/detach in seconds. I purchased Cygo Streaks for the mixtes from Riv.
If you are looking for a great light that is simple to install and rather
bright, and don't want to invest in a dynamo, these are definitely the
ticket. They are cheap for the light they provide. Also added Riv's IRD
thumbies to one of the mixtes, the other has the legendary Command units.
The IRD thumbies are great. Like them more than bar-ends.

Current project on the stand is #2 son's bike. I bought Riv's tektro cantis
to replace some older cantis that are shot. Will also rework the drive
train with an Altus, and a front der. to be determined.

General thoughts: Riv's recommended parts never disappoint. The brakes and
Cygos are great. The Altus is great. I do prefer the Tubus system to the
Nitto rack-and-seat-bag system. But then... we park the bikes at public
racks and easy on-off baggage is necessary for theft prevention.

If the Tooth-Fairy dropped a pile of moolah on us. I think we'd all ride
Riv-spec'd dynamo Cheviots with Tubus racks and Ortleib or Arkel panniers.
That would be the supreme do-all bike.