William,
If what you outline here is what you want, you really should consider
a Joe Bell paint job.
A Joe Bell paint job  will pass the 'hairy eye ball test, and maybe
then some.

You will also need to cowboy up for the time and money it takes.

I have a Saluki with a 'standard' paint job and a Riv custom with a
Joe Bell paint job.

I'm pleased with both both but there is no comparison and no strong
reason to compare.

Both bikes are fun to ride and near as I can tell the paint has
nothing to do with that.

Oh, and  both bikes get dirty and the paint can get chipped on both.

-Jimd