If I can really get it together -- AND the winter here stays balmy enough
for my tools not to hurt when I pick them up in an uninsulated workspace!
-- then the most ambitious thing I've got planned is to tear down and fully
overhaul my '99 All-Rounder, which hasn't had bearings re-done since
something like 2007. To be fair, wheels and BB are sealed bearings, so it
would just be a matter of installing fresh bearings in the hubs and
checking my basic Shimano BB to see if it needs replacing (which it
probably does, as I average 2,500-2,700 miles a year on this thing). The
Ultegra headset that came with this frame (used) still rolls nicely and
feels good, but I'll probably open it up anyway to clean it and put in some
fresh grease.
It's nice to have a basically trouble-free and reliable bicycle to ride
every day, ya know?
Beth in PDX