Hmmm, I'm guessing there's enough clearance on the regular diamond 29er to
make it into a B+ bike:
http://www.jonesbikes.com/steel-diamond-unicrown-bicycle/

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 7:08 PM, Mike Shaljian <mikeshalj...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ***96cm PBH
>
> And this model is sized at 63.5cm seat tube, very close to my 64cm Sam H.
>
> On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 7:06:34 PM UTC-8, Mike Shaljian wrote:
>>
>> Call it heresy if you wish, but I think the Ultimate gravel and
>> bikepacking bike may have actually arrived: http://www.jonesbikes.com/
>> jones-plus-xt-bb7-build-complete-bicycle-pre-order/
>>
>> I talk to Jeff for two hours about my riding, preferences and wishes for
>> an all-terrain, all-use bike and this really seems like the best possible
>> option. I'm thinking this fits all of the requirements that Jan Heine
>> talked about in the Oregon Outback article from BQ. And fortunately, it is
>> sized to fit giant people with 86cm PBH's. It really may be a bike with no
>> compromises.
>>
>> On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 12:15:24 PM UTC-8, Mike Shaljian wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the insight, John. It seems that 45mm-max is the verdict for
>>> a Sam H.
>>>
>>> If I wanted the ideal Rivendell for the O.O, it does seem like the
>>> Hunqapillar would be the bike, riding a 55mm touring tire like the Schwalbe
>>> Almotion. I am considering a used 62cm Hunqapillar as a possibility right
>>> now. It seems that my dream of having just one bike to truly "do it all"
>>> would lead to more compromises than I want. Having an always fendered,
>>> go-fastish Sam H. with 38mm Barlow Pass tires and a more beefy Hunqapillar
>>> with studs/fenders in the winter and 50+mm tires in the dry 7 months of the
>>> year here seems like a nice approach, but I'm still considering all of the
>>> possibilities.

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal