Proof of concept ride!  The 1-3" dusting ended up being a bit more of a
storm than most expected this morning but I had a BLAST getting to work. I
underestimated how much extra work riding in the snow would be, any more
snow and I'd probably wish I had gears.  The Xo-3 did fantastic, drive
chain was good, brakes held up perfect, the alba's kept me stable and in
control... and of course the Nokian Mount and Ground studded tires did
great. In the fresh (still falling) morning snow I felt 100% stable.  In
the evening commute the Mount Vernon Trail proved to be pretty treacherous
with a crusty and bumpy ice surface but the tires still held up well.  More
than anything the evening ride took a ton of concentration.  And yes the
last picture is from my coffee stop, Misha's in Old Town to meet my buddy
Wes who was also trying out his new studded tire winter bike (a drop bar
Trek Antelope).

I'm doubtful about tomorrow, wind chills are supposed to get the temp down
awfully low and I doubt the trails will improve overnight.  Maybe by Friday!

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2gZJY34ZyA4/VKx7zQjdBnI/AAAAAAAAGYk/dOSja49DoBk/s1600/IMG_20150106_073928.jpg>

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Z26BvwiraLI/VKx78aVaVnI/AAAAAAAAGYs/iHpsa2mH78w/s1600/IMG_20150106_074020.jpg>

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-iw45G9905ks/VKx8A8-qOAI/AAAAAAAAGY0/u2qVhLoWKuw/s1600/IMG_20150106_073950.jpg>

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-xpeklYTRZi4/VKx8GX4WNJI/AAAAAAAAGY8/XP7nHeF7XK4/s1600/IMG_20150106_073939.jpg>