Get a CLUTCH type Shimano xt rear der and wide range 10sp mtb cassette (like an
11-36 or some such). Pair that with a small (30-36 or so) wolftooth (or other
narrow/wide ring) front ring and you won't drop the chain.

I run a setup like that on my Mtb and have yet to wish for a smaller gear and
have yet to drop a chain. This is on a rigid setup over often fairly rough
terrain.

Enjoy!

Clayton SF