My coldest day happened on my regular commute. It normally takes 45 minutes.
That day it took 1 1/2 hours. When I finally got to work I looked up the
weather and found out it was 3 below (Fahrenheit) with a 25 mph headwind.

It took a while for my water bottle to thaw, and my brain engage.

The rest was ok, just cooked from the upwind ride. My normal cold weather
equipment is a layered approach, and thin wool socks, thick wool socks, and a
goretex oversock with Shimano sandles. The feet are well insulated, not
constricted, and don't have booty/shoe/cleat holes

Ted Shwartz