I want to do one of the fast transcons with them, they do Transamerica
from Oregon to Virginia in like 24 days at an average of 128 miles a
day.  This is the only way I could work a transcon into my work
schedule.  Otherwise, I have to wait 15-20 years for retirement to do
a traditional transcon at a tourist pace.

However, the routes PacTour have been offering the last few years
haven't been to my liking, I prefer the traditional Transcontinental
or the Northern Tier Transcontinental.  They've been doing one that
starts in Portland and ends up in Florida somewhere.  I have no
interest in terminating my tour in Florida in the summertime.

I suppose another option might be to split a transcon up and do the
different parts when I can.  I could maybe talk my Rando buddies into
riding the Southern Tier from here (Austin) to San Diego in two weeks,
if we rode every day for 14 days that would be a little under
100mi/day.  Then would do the eastern half at some other time.

I would definitely ride one of my Rivendells.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 10:09 PM, lungimsam <john11.2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just was reading about the tours and they are some amazing distances.
> One is around 100miles a day for 15 days or something like that.
>
> Did you use your Rivbike?
> How'd you train for it?

Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!