Jayme, my first attempt at ketogenic went similarly to yours, though
without the cramps. I was running 30 miles a day on the Colorado Trail,
with an ultralight camping setup in a fanny pack (too big a fanny pack).
What I learned, over a year later, is that my body was not yet that good at
producing the small(ish) amount of glucose needed to keep burning fat.

Try this and see if it helps on your next long ride: continue eating as you
have, but rather than eating fat during your ride, just have dates or
similar source of carbs (honey, etc) to supplement your body's own ability
to make glucose. Also, stopping for even five to 10 minutes can allow your
liver to catch up with glucose conversion once it is good enough. With
time, your body will get much more efficient at keeping the glucose you
need as "kindling" for your fat burning fire. I hope this helps!

With abandon,
Patrick