I have a low normal on my Long Haul Trucker paired with friction downtube
shifters. I have to admit I still do not transition well to opposite
motions after decades of high normal usage. I still enjoy the difference
though. And if the rear shifter or cable ever failed I would have three low
gears to get to the next bike shop instead of three high gears.