I'll flip my bike over any day and twice on Sunday.  I just put
something under the saddle so it doesn't get scratched up.

That being said, many times on brevets someone just holds it while you
change the tire, I have done that recently for a fellow Rivendell
owner as well.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 10:29 AM, Joe Bernard <joerem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it's safe to say bike-flipping for the average owner of a
> pretty-nice-bike is not a viable option. The folks at Riv have an almost
> militant disinterest in caring about scratches and whatnot on their
> beautiful bicycles, but dropping a nice saddle/grips/tape/levers/bars on the
> ground would...well, I just don't think I could talk myself into it.
>
> Joe Bernard
> Vallejo, CA.
>

> On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 7:39:10 AM UTC-8, EGNolan wrote:
>>
>> I haven't changed a flat of my own for a while...knock on the wood, but
>> when in the city (the bulk of my rides) I use a kickstand + pedal on the
>> curb combo: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ericgnolan/8053813850/
>>
>> Best,
>> Eric
>>
>> On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 5:49:03 PM UTC-5, lungimsam wrote:
>>>
>>> Scratches your leather saddle to turn the bike upside down.
>>>
>>> In light of the Blog post about this, I figured I would ask you leather
>>> users how you prevent the scratching from happening. Any convenient ideas?

Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!