If you want to lay the bike on the side, having a large saddlebag such
as I have on my Custom (Nelson Longflap) also helps because it seems
that the bike will balance itself on it's side between the bag, pedals
and handlebars holding it up.   This approach works better on uneven
ground.

Otherwise, I'll refer to my prior answer.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 3:26 PM, RJM <crccpadu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Those quarter turn garmin units are so easy to take off and put back on. ;)
>
> I still flip though about half the time...the other half I lay the bike down
> on the side.
>

> But I never lay the bike down on the drive side. I learned that after having
> bent a derailer hangar.
>

> On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 11:13:27 AM UTC-6, Steve Palincsar wrote:
>>
>> On 01/27/2015 12:06 PM, Mark Reimer wrote:
>>
>> Find patch of grass or comparable soft ground
>>
>> Flip bike
>>
>> Repair flat
>>
>> Ride
>>
>> On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 10:29:32 AM UTC-6, Joe Bernard wrote:
>>>
>>> I think it's safe to say bike-flipping for the average owner of a
>>> pretty-nice-bike is not a viable option.
>>

>> Resting the weight of a bike on top of a computer or cell phone or GPS
>> unit simply isn't a viable option whether it's on grass or dirt.

Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!