On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 5:12:46 AM UTC-8, Jim Bronson wrote:

> They also said that if you don't ride them regularly, it's better to use
> tubes because the tire will come off the bead, which relates to needing
> (again) to have an air compressor to seat.

A compressor plus soapy water makes the job pretty easy. As to the tire
coming off the bead, I've rarely had that happen, even if the wheel sits
long enough to go flat. Once the bead is set, it tends to stay. If it's a
bike you don't ride regularly, then pump them up once a month. Heck, I do
that even for tubed tires that don't get ridden much. As mentioned by
others, not all tires will work, and not all rims will work, but if you use
both tires and rims designed for tubeless, it's pretty foolproof. I've only
used tubeless rims, but I've successfully used several tires tubeless that
aren't specified tubeless ready.

jim m
wc ca