On Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 9:42:05 PM UTC-5, Jim Bronson wrote:

> Do you think these Linux jokes are flying over most people's heads?
> Just curious.

What's a bit crazy, back in the mid-late 90's, I was pushing all my friends
towards Linux.... I'd been a DOS guy, and WinNT3.51, running a
multiple-boot setup, so I could run Win95 if I had to for a particular
software program.  I'd done my Fortran on an AVAX, then started running a
Unix emulator so I could run Seismic on my PC. Had a couple of
Sparkstations around, running OpenWindows or XWindows...    I was all ready
to jump off of the MS Windows environment and go all Linux, was suggesting
it for all my friends, many who did go w/ Linux...

But I'd kept that NT machine, ended up on Win2000; started a job in 2000
that was all PC-oriented; migrated on to XP, which is what we ended up on
at work, and....  I never got around to Linux myself.    I recognize the
Unix-related command formatting, so I 'get' it, but just never had my own
Debian or Fedora or Ubuntu or whatever...