I rode the Stampede Pass on my Roadeo last year and found them to be great
tires. I'm sure the lighter ones that Compass sells are a bit quicker.

I also have a Sam Hillborne but it takes 650b wheels and with that bike for
go fast tires I used Pari Motos. Those were pretty quick tires.

It's a bummer you aren't going for that Roadeo though....it's a hell of a
bike and quicker than the Sam, in my experience.