Hey Steve, sorry for not responding earlier! Those dang jobs!

-the xs saddle sack in the photo is a first generation and so it doesn't have a
zipper. Pros: very easy to do one-handed from the saddle opening maneuver!
Reflective strip is excellent. Cons: it gapes open a little with any weight or
bulk. New versions have zipper.

-I love love love this bag in any of its incarnations. (I have the old Baggins
Kevens Bag, too.) Works on saddle loops, works on hard-to-bag bars like M'bars
1.0. Fantastic with Boscos, which I have happily switched over to.

-here's what is typically in the bag: keys, ID badge, multi tool plus maybe
good tire irons/long bonhaus allen, sunglasses case, maybe a "diary Queen"
cheap spiral cable lock; maybe a spare tube; maybe a mini pump. Not all of
these at once-- but most of them at once. Really great; I swear by the bag.
Think of it as the bike version of a glove compartment . Does it affect the
handling? Nope!

I also love the little loafer/small trunksack. (I have a baggins loafer and a
tweed Nigel smythe loafer) Really handy and holds a bit more plus you can strap
a sweater or a carton of eggs on top. Does it affect the handling? Nope. A
loafer and a mini front rocks. Easy as pie to switch over to a wald basket for
lots of carry room. Add a shop sack to that and you're away laughing as the
kiwis say! But depending on what you've loaded the basket/shop sack with, that
could indeed affect handling.

I can't imagine anyone regretting having this bag as an option.

Liesl who just, in fact, got home from bike grocering.