I used the bottle cap mirrors. I forget who makes them, but they use a
glass mirror, not plastic. I found the little sharp points on the cap wear
holes in things if allowed to bounce around in a bag. I carefully tore it
apart and super glued the wire to the back of the mirror and tossed the
cap. I wrapped the edge with silicone tape to cover the edge. I use the
German ulra lite mirror on my bike, and just clamped it on the bar end
shifter body. It clears the shifter in all gears. I quit using the glasses
mirror after it somehow chipped a chunk out of my eyeglass lens.

The Bend Oregon Clayton