On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 10:46:21 AM UTC-4, Ron Mc wrote:

> again, the galvanic difference between aluminum and steel is insufficient
> to promote galvanic corrosion - the occurrence is a bike shop myth.  You
> don't need a barrier between the two metals, but a barrier between the
> metal surface and condensation.

Stop!   That's not right....    I've been through PLENTY of old Land
Rovers, where the aluminum is eaten away where it contacts the steel....
it is not a myth, it's real chemistry at work.

Now, I will concede, it may not a big deal for bicycles;  most of mine I
keep in good enough shape, that I've not had any problems w/ such, but, the
science is legit that galvanic corrosion between aluminum and steel does
occur....