My reaction is not the same. The seatpost/seat-tube junction is not an uncommon
problem area in bicycles. I've seen the problem enough to give any company the
benefit of the doubt on it. Yes, they shouldn't see it as tolerable, and
Waterford shouldn't repeatedly make a mistake, but I know Riv well enough that
I'm not going to assume they think the problem is acceptable.

Also, I've seen simple fixes to seatpost slipping. Maybe, even if warranted,
it's not worth it to the customer to send the whole frame back for a
replacement. In principle, the customer should get a flawless product. Despite
the existence of that principle, it might still be in the better interest of
the customer to get help with the quick fix, because often with the seatpost
problem, the fix is lasting. It's worth considering as opposed to the personal
labor and waiting time involved with frame replacement. So if Rivendell were
helpful (as I've always found them to be) as they gave advice on how to prevent
the slipping, that would not cause me to be disappointed in the company.

-Jim W.

On May 1, 2015, at 6:58 PM, Christopher Murray wrote:

> Wow!! I don't understand how this is acceptable by either Waterford or
> Rivendell. I would want a new bike and I don't feel like I should have to ask
> or insist... Rivendell should be insisting on delivering a defect free
> product not making half-assed solution suggestions. I have owned 4 Rivendells
> and I can say after hearing this I can't see buying another. I am REALLY,
> REALLY disappointed in Rivendell.
>
> Chris

James Warren
jimcwar...@earthlink.net