Someone at a shop in the greater DC area who stocked Riv models in the past
said Riv effectively wound down their dealer program yeas ago and decided
to sell direct. The dealer could buy Rivs at no lower price than anyone
else, this person said, so there was no financial reason to stock them.

Even when there was wholesale pricing, it was not that great of an
incentive and Riv wanted them to buy a full size run of a model rather than
just selected sizing -- this is what I was told, not sure that's completely
accurate.

Unless Grant wants to go into business with shops, it's kind of a moot
discussion. He seems to have made it clear that his current direct sales
model works for him, his family, the Riv staff and the customers.

I would like to see him do a popup for a few weeks in DC, just to go see
the current lineup and test ride.

Ed F.
Washington, DC