I found the Albatross bars on my Atlantis not really ideal for long
distance for a few reasons:

- When riding at a casual pace, they are supremely comfortable. Very
'chill' one could say. I had them setup about 1cm above my saddle height. I
had two good hand position options, and one more forward but less
comfortable option.
- The very upright position placed all my weight on the saddle, in a very
specific way. When I use drops, even when they are higher up, I find that
leaning forward (not bending down, leaning forward. It's different!) gives
me a few different ways to position my body on the saddle, which allows me
to ride comfortably for over 200km at a time. With the abla's I had
difficulty doing that and as a result would get a sore butt after a while.
- The WIND! Not sure where you live, but where I am from everything is
quite exposed. Riding with the alba's turns your body into a wall
basically. There is no hiding from the wind, no drops to drop into to
minimize the drag. Regardless if you don't care about going quickly, it's a
real drag to fight the wind tooth and nail all day while you're in a very
upright position (see what I did there..?)
- bar interference - when riding trails, I found the fact that the bars
sweep back so far, they would hit my legs when trying to make tight turns.
For that reason they are never an option when trail riding anything other
than smooth flowy stuff. I had a few times when I couldn't make a corner
because the bars were in the way.

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE these bars! They are my go-to winter bar
because they work very well with mitts. They are very stable on snow as
well. For booting around town, they'd be the best bar ever. For rides
around 100km where you don't give a hoot about how long it takes you,
fantastic bar! But if I was on an extended tour where I wanted to hit a
particular distance each day, and there was some exposure to the wind, I
would be hesitant to use 'em. Just my two cents!

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ypMSLA0ZeUA/VYQj0zmjcmI/AAAAAAAALMc/v5gwbpwbDX8/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2015-06-19%2Bat%2B9.14.02%2BAM.png>