On 06/19/2015 11:11 AM, drew wrote:
I'm currently on day 3 of my first tour with albas. I did a short tour with drops and was
very uncomfortable, so I switched to upright bars and the conversion felt great. To
mark's point, the great feeling is really limited to casual riding. I'm finding that out.
I can't find a position I like for long steep climbs, which is adding many hand position
shifts and wiggling around to an already tough situation. The "on the curves"
position, for me, is barely workable, since those curves angle down. 5 more days and I'm
already thinking about an albastache swap when I get home

Is it worth pointing out that drop bars, even more so than upright bars, come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes, and that the details of setup matter a great deal?