Hitch racks that support the wheels and have a hook to hold the top tube
such as the Swagman do not work well if you have two large frame bikes to
carry.

The Thule doubletrack 990 does handle big frame bikes well.   It's also
easier to move the wheel holders and the wheel holders have clamps over the
rims.  And everything is lockable.  And you can open your trunk while the
bikes are there.  And the rack folds up when the bikes are off.   And all
these features are easy to use.

 I use a roof rack in the spring and summer when I haul lots of bikes
frequently but it's nice to remove the roof rack in winter and use this
hitch rack.